Join us on Monday, February 26 for our 2018 Fairwinds Community Association Annual General Meeting
7:30pm-9:00pm at The Grounds (5703 Hazeldean Rd next to Food Basics)
- Meet your neighbours
- Learn how you can get involved in events and activities in our neighbourhood in 2018
- Special presentation from Councillor Shad Qadri
- Join our volunteer board of directors
You can also renew your annual membership at the meeting or online for $5.
The FCA is a group of neighbourhood volunteers who work on issues that are important to the community and we organize and support events and hope to continue keeping our neighbourhood a great place to live. Interested in joining as a volunteer board member? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here for more info about joining our board.
- Call to order
- Approval of agenda
- Approval of 2017 minutes
- President’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Constitution amendment (see below)
- Nominations & voting for new board members
- Councillor Shad Qadri update
- New Business / Open Discussion
As per the FCA constitution and bylaws, amendments to the constitution can be voted on at an Annual General Meeting, with notice provided to the community of at least 7 days prior to the meeting. At the AGM, we’ll be moving the following resolution:
- Whereas the Fairwinds Community Association (FCA) boundaries include the communities of “Fairwinds, Fairwinds North, Fairwinds West, and Poole Creek Village” (Constitution Appendix A, Amended March 2017), and,
- Whereas the FCA strives to be inclusive and representative of all residents within these boundaries. and,
- Whereas the Poole Creek watercourse is the predominant natural feature in our neighbourhood.
- Therefore be it resolved that the name of the Fairwinds Community Association be changed to the “Fairwinds-Poole Creek Community Association”.